Ash Wednesday Services
Join us at noon in the St. Peter Chapel and 7pm in the Nave for the imposition of ashes.
This year we will be studying the theme of “heaven on earth” which is highlighted in the Gospel of Matthew. If you would like to participate in a small group and would like the student guide ($9) please let Angie know ASAP. A student guide is not necessary to participate in a small group, but is recommended.
· Pastor Verkouw will be hosting a group in the Fellowship Hall 9:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings beginning March 1st.
· Kathryn Verkouw and Keith Miller will be hosting a small group in the Stafford Room on Tuesday evenings beginning March 3rd at 6:30 p.m.
· Angie Smith will be hosting a small group on Wednesday afternoons at 2:00 p.m. in the Stafford Room beginning on February 26th.
· Barb Steinmetz will be hosting a small group Thursday mornings at 10am in the home of Judy Resch beginning March 12th.
· Contemplative small group led by Sandy Morris and Greg Gable from 9:15-10 am Sunday mornings in St. Peter Chapel. This is more focused toward mindfulness and neighbor. You will hear some scripture, ponde it in your heart and mind and then discuss how it relates to your life and world.
· Text based small group: Twice a week you will receive some scripture and a question. You are asked to text a response to the group so we can all learn about each other and how we relate to “heaven on earth”.
· Pastor Verkouw will lead a group on Tuesdays at Woodcrest Villas – 10:00 a.m. at the home of Sue & Joe Hurlburt beginning March 10th.
In the Nave you will find a Lenten Prayer path for adults, which will guide you through the Gospel of Matthew. You will also find a children’s devotional that follows the lessons that the adults are doing in their small groups.