In this uncertain time, it is good to reflect on all of our blessings.
Below I have listed a few of the things that I am grateful for.
The things that reflect God at work in our Grace community.
I am grateful …
· For Patti Hartman who is sending learning packets to her Sunday School kids every week.
· For the ESL teachers didn’t give up on their students and now reach out and teach English classes twice a week via Zoom.
· For Grace teenager Naomi Main who felt strongly that the Grace chimes should ring out over our neighborhood during this time of separation and for Donna Linton who scheduled volunteers to play every day at noon and weekly on Sundays. Praise be to God!
· For Jenny Fritsch who has used much time and energy to organize and catalog the choir music in the balcony and to organize and arrange our new library space in the Stafford room.
· For our faith family who are reaching out to check on one another to show their care and concern.
· For Pastor’s worship videos.
· That the Grace renovation process is slowly resuming.
Thanks for sharing your talents, strengths and care! In the next few weeks I would encourage others to send a note to the church office or an email to email@example.com to share what you are grateful for in your life.
Resources for week 5 of Be Bold can be found here
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe during these trying days! I am writing to you to ask if your congregation has a sewing group or individuals who like to sew, Luther Acres could use their support. We have a critical need for isolation gowns as we provide care to our residents. Volunteers interested in helping us, may contact me at GBeard@luthercare.org for information and patterns. Luthercare will provide material for those interested in sewing gowns. Thank you so much! Please stay safe and healthy! Glenn
The Rev. Glenn A. Beard, Jr., MDiv, BCC
Director, Church Relations & Pastoral Care, Luthercare;
Coordinator, Lower Susquehanna Synod Lutheran Disaster Response Network
Our Grace Family
Grace members if you haven’t heard from anyone—please call the office to let us know. We may have an old phone number or email address which needs updating.
Dear Members of Grace,
We give thanks for the life and witness of Rosemary Schrom, who died Wednesday, May 6th. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to her daughter Malia, her family and friends. Notes of sympathy may be sent to Malia at 459 E Mifflin St, Lancaster PA 17602
A funeral will be held at the convenience of the family.
Please keep Rosemary’s family in your prayers.
May 17, 2020 (Sixth Sunday of Easter)
John 14:15 – “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”
Jesus connects love to action in today’s gospel. Loving Jesus means loving God and neighbor and following the way of Christ. And as we do, the Spirit of truth guides us and helps us be better stewards of God’s abundance.