Save the Date
Rally Day—Sunday September 11, 2022 9:00 a.m. in Nolt Auditorium
Sunday School Class Offerings
New Class for adults: “One Hope” Re-membering the Body of Christ, a book study designed to help Catholics and Lutherans reflect together on Christian unity.
New Class for Families of young children: Exploring concrete steps to develop a lasting faith.
Classes for Pre K—5th grade using Spark, Whirl, and Godly Play curriculums.
Confirmation—a three year study for students entering 6th grade.
High School—”Painting, Projects, and Prayer”
What Does the Bible Say?
Click here for a detailed list of the September readings, links to podcasts, and thought-provoking questions.
LWR Ingathering October 1&2, 2022
Look for Summer sales to complete your LWR kits! Ingathering October 1& 2, 2022- donation box in the Narthex
- Four 70-80 sheet notebooks (280-300 sheets total) of wide or college-ruled paper approximately 8” x 10 ½ ”, no loose leaf paper
- One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- One pencil sharpener
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons
- One 2 ½” eraser
- One light-weight bath size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color
- Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz, any brand, in original wrapping
- One adult-size toothbrush in its original wrapping
- One metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Winter Outerwear Items For Community Meal
Beginning this week we will begin collecting winter outerwear items for our community meal. This ministry has taken many different forms over the years. This year we will be putting together bags filled with winter outerwear and winter necessities for our community meal participants.
We would like to fill the bags with hats, scarves, gloves or mittens, socks, granola bars, lotion, lip balm, and hand sanitizer. Our goal is to create 100 bags. We will also be collecting feminine hygiene products to make bags for the folks who need them.
Beginning Sunday you will be able to take a card from the giving tree which is located on the bulletin board across from the donation station in the Nolt Auditorium. All items need to be donated by Sunday, October 30. We will pack the bags the week of November 7. The bags will be distributed at Community Meal on November 16. We will need volunteers to help organize donations, pack the bags, and distribute the bags.
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please email Angie Rabbe at email@example.com. Watch the Grace News for more information on this ministry as we move into the fall.
This Week’s Green Tip
Plant beets 6 to 8 weeks before your first expected frost. Harvest as baby greens or leave in the ground to mature into delicious, vitamin-rich roots. In most locations, beets can stay in the ground all winter if mulched when very cold weather hits. Read more here