Celebration of Ordination Anniversaries
Please join us for worship on Sunday, June 2nd at 10:30 a.m. as we recognize the Ordination Anniversaries of The Bishop A. Donald Main, the Reverend Charles Lisse, and The Reverend Dr. Stephen P. Verkouw.
The celebration will continue with lunch in Fellowship Hall immediately following the service. Folks are asked to bring a salad to share. Beverages, rolls, and dessert will be provided. Please RSVP to the church office at 717-397-2748
Highlights of the Annual Congregational Meeting, Sunday May 19
· There were 91 confirmed members in attendance.
· We received reports of the Pastor and Board and Team Leaders, as well as the Treasurer’s report for 2018.
· Outgoing council members Doug Halter, Marilyn Hoffman and Joyce Loiseau received our thanks for their three years of service.
· We elected the slate of council members for the 2019-20 term: Tom Andersen returns as President for a second year, as does Meghan Kelly (Board of Worship), Brenda Hayasaka (Board of Ministries) and Mary Gentzler (at large); Kim Burke (Secretary) and Robert Durand (at large, R3 Team) return for a third year on Council, and we elected new members Carl Hartman and Molly Rowen as members at large.
· The congregation also approved our Leadership Development Team of Wes Heidel (Chair), Amy Heidel, Bruce Linton, Judy Resch, and Michael Wolf for another year of service.
· The congregation approved the council’s proposal to amend our marriage policy at Grace to allow the Pastor to recognize and celebrate same-sex marriages by a vote of 87 for, 8 against, and one abstention.
Summer Adult & Youth Education Offering
“Little Stones follows four women whose lives are dedicated to empowering survivors of gender based violence and eradicating the atrocities of domestic violence, human trafficking, extreme poverty and female genital mutilation. These women are therapists, activists, missionaries, and entrepreneurs. These women are artists.”
Please join us in the Fellowship Hall beginning June 2, 2019 at 9AM and continuing throughout the summer for an in-depth discussion of the documentary and women’s empowerment. We will be using a curriculum developed by the University of Michigan School of Education and Driftseed. This class is appropriate for youth and adults. Attendants are encouraged to bring a smart phone, tablet, or laptop.
Please call the office to register for class.
If you are interested in teaching or if you have any questions please contact Angie, 717-397-2748 or email@example.com.
Lancaster Summer Arts
The annual Lancaster Summer Arts Organ Recital will take place on Thursday, June 13 at 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 140 East Orange Street, Lancaster, PA 17602. This recital features local organists, who are members of the Lancaster Chapter of the American Guild of Organists, playing pieces by composers including: Parker, Dupré, Sowerby, Vierne, Karg-Elert, Reger, and J.S. Bach.
Dr. Moyer will close this year’s concert playing the enormous Chorale Fantasia and Fugue on “How Brightly Shines the Morning Star” by Max Reger.
While this concert is not a ticketed event, a freewill offering will be collected which will support the chapter’s Lunt-McConnell Scholarship fund.
For additional information please visit our website at: www.lancasterago.org
Our choir “season” will end as of June 9th. For the Sundays from June 16 through September 1 we invite singers and instrumentalists to provide music in worship services. Sign the list at the balcony stairway or email David at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 2, 2019 (Seventh Sunday of Easter, Year C)
John 17:26–I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.
The foundation of generosity is the abundant love of God in Christ Jesus. It has the power to inspire and inform every aspect of our lives, including decisions about the most faithful use of our time, talent, and resources.
Our Grace Family
Dear Members of Grace,
We give thanks for the life and witness of Gloria Ashby, who died May 24th. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to her children Rick and Carol, their families and friends. A memorial service is planned at Grace Church for Saturday, June 1st at 7:30 p.m. in the Nave. A time of visitation will follow the service in the Narthex. Please keep Gloria’s family in your prayers.