Balcony Floor Project
The “Balcony Floor Improvement Project” has begun. The amount of time to install the new cork floor is unknown at this moment, but we will keep you informed of the progress. Thanks to everyone who assisted in the clearing of the balcony area. Choir and bell practice will be temporarily displaced during this process. We appreciate your patience!
Music at Grace Concert ~ March 27th ~ Manor Winds
A Lancaster-based ensemble, Manor Winds is comprised of five musicians who come together to rehearse in a historic farm house on Manor Street. At home in traditional and non-traditional settings, Manor Winds strives for professional performances of both standard and modern wind quintet repertoire.
Manor Winds wishes to share their love of music and collaboration with their surrounding community and can be seen performing throughout southeastern Pennsylvania
Summer Camp Registration Is Now Open!
Lutheran Church Camping in Central Pennsylvania is an extension of the congregation’s ministry in the unique setting that our camps provide. Children, youth and adults learn, worship, witness and serve within a Christ-centered Lutheran tradition.
SUMMER YOUTH CAMP AT KIRCHENWALD & NAWAKWA
All camp programs include games, swimming, campfires, Bible study, crafts, songs, Christ-centered worship, nature activities, and well-trained counselors who care.
CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS can participate in many of our programs. Camp staff need to know the nature of the child’s special needs before arrival in camp. Please contact the camp of your choice for further information.
CAMPERSHIP APPLICATIONS are available for those whose families cannot afford the full camp fee. Campership applications may be obtained by contacting the Camping Office or by going online and clicking the “Forms” link on the homepage. Send in the Campership Application with your registration.
Information is available by calling the church office (717) 397-2748 or on the camp website.
Adult Sunday School Beginning the First Sunday in Lent, March 6, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Pastor Steve will use the Lenten Sunday School hour to conduct a new and updated version of his “Discovery Class” – Surprises and Insights from Scripture, Tradition, and Lutheranism and our Ministry at Grace.
With Pastor Steve’s guidance, participants will deepen their knowledge of the Bible, the long tradition of Christian faith, our “home-turf” Lutheran Confessions, and understand how all these undergird our ministry priorities at Grace Church and in the neighborhood.
Pastor hopes that both newer folks and Grace veterans will come together for these sessions and be inspired for ministry and life together!
Transformed Community: Freed and Empowered For Radical Welcome
The study is based on Romans 12:2. We will meet Tuesdays at 3PM on Zoom please contact Angie Rabbe at email@example.com if you are interested in joining this group. Copies of the study can be picked up in the office. Angie can also email you the PDF if you prefer an electronic version. This group begins on March 8.
What Does the Bible Say: Part IV
I want to take some time this week to address the questions we have received from Grace folks about the resources that will be available to the congregation as we read the Bible over the next year. There is a calendar that lists the readings for each day. Beginning this Sunday you will be able to find them in the Narthex and on our website.
- There is a quarterly journal that has a few prayers, space for journaling/doodling, and lists of the daily readings. You can find them in the Narthex and on our website.
- I will be writing monthly Grace News articles that will have overviews of the books that we will read that month and some questions to help guide you as you read. If you aren’t receiving the Grace News, and would like to be, please contact the church office. The Grace News is also available on our website and is shared to our Facebook and Instagram accounts. [Please note that because there is no Grace News in July, the August overview will be in the June Grace News.]
- Grace Member Katelyn Smith recommended the podcast, The Bible Recap by D-Group to Pastor. She used this podcast when she read the Bible in a year and she loved it! Starting next week you will be able to find the daily links to the Podcast on our website. If you would like to listen to the podcast but don’t have the necessary technology, please reach out to me and we will figure something out.
- By next week you will be able to find all of the resources on our website by clicking “Read the Bible” in the purple box.
- If you want to dig deeper into something that you have read, the church library (located in the Stafford Room) has a number of resources. Pastor and I are also available to answer your questions.
- Pair up with someone in the congregation who is also doing this practice or invite someone to join you in this practice. Check-in with each other periodically and discuss your thoughts and questions together.
- If you need a Bible please let us know. We have some extras in the office and we can order more. I recommend using the NRSV for your reading because that is what our denomination uses. However, I understand that we all have our favorite translations…use what works best for you. If you prefer an electronic copy, the website will have links to the daily readings on Bible Gateway. There are also numerous Bible apps available for download for both Android and Apple users. I prefer Bible Gateway because it has a variety of translations, paraphrases, and languages available for free!
If you have any questions about the resources or want some more information on why we are pursuing this project as a congregation please reach out to me. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, you can leave a message for me at the church office, and my cell phone number is listed in Icon.
Peace, Angie Rabbe
Feb. 20, 2022 (7th Sunday after the Epiphany, Year C)
Genesis 45:15 – And Joseph kissed all his brothers and wept upon them; and after that his brothers talked with him.
Meeting his brothers years after they had sold him into slavery, Joseph now greets them with love, forgiveness, assistance and restoration. A great model for loving relationships! What loving relationships need your forgiveness and restoration?
Many of us use this time of year to reflect on what we’ve accomplished and what we’d like to change. But shouldn’t goal-setting evolve when we’re faced with a year likely to throw more challenges our way?
A new year may be the chance to adopt habits that are good for the planet, but it’s also an opportunity to reset habits that will support a sustainable life. Read more here
Our Grace Family
Dear Members of Grace,
We give thanks for the life and witness of Harold “Skip” Rhodes, who died Wednesday, February 9th. Skip is the father of member Jennifer Fritsch. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Jennifer and her siblings, his family and friends.
A funeral is planned for Saturday February 19 at 11:30 a.m. at Church of the Apostles, 1850 Marietta Ave, Lancaster. A time of visitation will proceed the funeral at 10:30 a.m.
Please keep Skip’s family in your prayers.