Worship Volunteers Needed
As we begin the journey back to a “normal” worship schedule, we need volunteers to: read the lessons, assist Pastor with communion, set up and clean up communion, sound and camera operators, ushers, and greeters. Have helped in the past— or would like to? All are welcome! Please call the office at 717-397-2748 to volunteer!
Saturday Evening Worship
Saturday Night Worship
July 30, 2022 6:00 p.m. in St. Peter Chapel
Lutheran World Relief Ingathering
It’s time to begin thinking about the Lutheran World Relief Ingathering October 1-2
Brenda Hayasaka and Donna Linton have agreed to do School Kits again this year and need your help. These are the items they need to fill the bags they will be ordering:
- Four 70-80 sheet notebooks (280-300 sheets total) of wide or college-ruled paper approximately 8” x 10 ½ ”, no loose leaf paper
- One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- One pencil sharpener
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons
- One 2 ½” eraser
If anyone is a Thrivent member and is willing to help Brenda and Donna to make kits, you can apply for a Visa card for $250 under the Thrivent Action Teams program.
We are also doing Personal Care Kits. I will ask for a $250 Visa Card from Thrivent Financial to buy the supplies in bulk.
If you want to put your own kit together here are the directions.
- One light-weight bath size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color
- Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz, any brand, in original wrapping
- One adult-size toothbrush in its original wrapping
- One metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
*We will add a comb to your kit as we can order in bulk.
Fold the towel in half width-wise. Place the rest of the items in the towel, fold and roll so nothing falls out, and secure with yarn, ribbon, string or rubber bands. A box will be provided in the Narthex for your items. LWR is no longer accepting soap in bulk; so we can only use soap in kits. If you want to help with cash donations, please write on your check “LWR Kits.” Brenda and I will share the money as needed.
Barbara Slotter, 717-342-2654
ELCA World Hunger’s “Tree of Healing VBS” focuses on healing the mind, body, spirit, community, and creation. Join us Wednesday evenings this summer for food, fun, crafts, and stories.
The third session is titled “Different Bodies, Different Gifts”.
“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:14a
Please RSVP to the church office at 717-397-2748 by Sunday July10.
The fourth session is titled “Healthy Grief”. “If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord; so then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.” Romans 14:8
Please RSVP to the church office at 717-397-2748 by Sunday July 24.
The fifth session is titled “Bearing Fruit”.
“Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.” John 13”34b
Please RSVP to the church office at 717-397-2748 by Sunday July 31.
Confirmation Camp 2022
Cap Collection Continues
We are still collecting caps for the Earth Savers Club at Central York High School. If you would like to help, drop off your clean/label free caps to the office
This Week’s Green Tip
Reducing the size of your conventional grass lawn can benefit the environment. Read more here
Our Grace Family
Dear Members of Grace, We give thanks for the life and witness of The Reverend William W. Spiegelhalder who died on Friday, June 24, 2022. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to his daughter Beth, and to his family and friends. Please keep the Spiegelhalder family in your prayers.