The Girl Scout Shoe Drive will end on Sunday September 25. Thanks to all who have donated to this cause, it is greatly appreciated. – Nancy Rowe
Lutheran World Relief Ingathering October 1-2
Look for Summer sales to complete your LWR kits! Ingathering October 1& 2, 2022- donation box in the Nolt Auditorium
- Four 70-80 sheet notebooks (280-300 sheets total) of wide or college-ruled paper approximately 8” x 10 ½ ”, no loose leaf paper
- One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- One pencil sharpener
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons
- One 2 ½” eraser
- One light-weight bath size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color
- Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz, any brand, in original wrapping
- One adult-size toothbrush in its original wrapping
- One metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Our Thrivent Project Action Team workday is Monday, September 26, at 10:30 am in the Fellowship Hall. You are welcome to join us. Thanks to Janet Neumar who obtained a Thrivent Action Team card to buy school supplies. Barbara Slotter’s visa card from Thrivent was used for Personal Care Kits. Backpacks and towels were purchased with your monetary donations. Thank you!
Please bring your items by Sunday, September 25. If you cannot bring them on this date, we will still accept them on Ingathering weekend. Monetary donations can be made by marking your donation: LWR KIT FUND.
-Barbara Slotter, Brenda Hayasaka, and Donna Linton
Winter Outerwear Items For Community Meal
We are collecting winter outerwear items for our community meal. This ministry has taken many different forms over the years. This year we will be putting together bags filled with winter outerwear and winter necessities for our community meal participants.
We would like to fill the bags with hats, scarves, gloves or mittens, socks, granola bars, lotion, lip balm, and hand sanitizer. Our goal is to create 100 bags. We will also be collecting feminine hygiene products to make bags for the folks who need them.
You are now able to take a card from the giving tree which is located on the bulletin board across from the donation station in the Nolt Auditorium. All items need to be donated by Sunday, October 30. We will pack the bags the week of November 7. The bags will be distributed at Community Meal on November 16. We will need volunteers to help organize donations, pack the bags, and distribute the bags.
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please email Angie Rabbe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch the Grace News for more information on this ministry as we move into the fall.
Our Grace Family
Your warmth comes through. Thank you for your prayers, cards, best wishes, and Pastor Steve’s visits during my time of illness. All was appreciated. -Peggy Hull
Dear Members of Grace,
We give thanks for the life and witness of Rose Fasig, who died Saturday, September 17, 2022. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to her family and friends.
A funeral is planned for Friday September 23 at 2:00 p.m. at Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 A time of visitation will proceed the funeral at 1:30 p.m.
Please keep Rose’s family in your prayers.
Leaves are one of the most valued compost materials because they are carbon-rich and small enough to be easily incorporated into the compost. Read more here